So this weekend I started in on fixing the hole I opened in the ceiling to figure out the leaky toilet thing. The toilet is fixed. Thanks to Pegg Plumbing. Sigh. I’m not giving up my day job to become a handy dude any time soon.
I don’t think I seated it properly. At least I hope that’s where the water’s coming from now. The alternative explanation has a far worse solution.
So I took the toilet off to discover the base had been sealed to the top of the drain with heaps and heaps of stuff (felt like about half a kilo) of goo the consistency and colour of bees wax. And I’m guessing, from the location of little bits of water in the goo, that this seal had never quite been water tight.
Edgar has been hiding behind the furnace for two days now. The dust bunnies in our old house have started to form a soccer league. There’s a heap of cardboard, bubble wrap and paper in the chasm that is our living room. We’re moved. Mostly.